Lionel Messi is reportedly open to staying at Barcelona, but the LaLiga giants have work to do.
Messi, 33, stayed at Barca after sensationally requesting to leave ahead of this season.
But the six-time Ballon d’Or winner is out of contract at the end of the campaign, leading to more talk over his future.
TOP STORY – MESSI OPEN TO BARCELONA STAY
Messi is open to staying at Barcelona and is prioritising the sporting project over the economic offer, according to Marca.
The report says Barca strengthening their squad could convince Messi, who has been linked to Manchester City.
Signing City forward Sergio Aguero, Borussia Dortmund star Erling Haaland, Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante or Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino would help Barca’s position in their bid to re-sign the superstar.
— MARCA (@marca) February 26, 2021
– With Real Madrid linked with a move for Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe, such a deal could lead to questions over Eden Hazard. AS reports Mbappe joining Madrid could lead to an exit for Hazard, who has struggled with injuries since joining the LaLiga giants.
– Staying at Real Madrid and there is uncertainty over Raphael Varane‘s future. AS reports Madrid are prepared to listen to offers for Varane ahead of next season if they cannot agree to a new deal with the defender, who is out of contract in 2022. Manchester United have been linked with Varane, who is valued at £60.7million (€70m).
— Diario AS (@diarioas) February 26, 2021
– Harry Kane has again starred for Tottenham this season. The Telegraph reports the forward, who is contracted until 2024, is set to stay at Spurs for at least another campaign.
– Amid suggestions Sevilla defender Jules Kounde is too expensive, Manchester United could look elsewhere. Eurosport reports Villarreal’s Pau Torres may be a more realistic target due to his reported release clause of around £43m (€49.6m).
– Alexandre Lacazette seems set for an Arsenal exit. The Mirror reports Monaco are targeting the forward ahead of next season.