Timo Werner’s unproductive spell at Chelsea may be over after one season.
The Germany international only signed from RB Leipzig ahead of this season.
He has largely underwhelmed with five goals from 27 Premier League appearances.
TOP STORY – WERNER COULD LEAVE CHELSEA
Football Insider reports Werner is prepared to quit Chelsea less than 12 months into a bumper five-year contract.
Werner netted 28 Bundesliga goals for RB Leipzig in 2019-20 but that return has drastically fallen since moving to London.
It is said there is a growing expectation that Werner will leave in the next year or two, despite the arrival of countryman Thomas Tuchel, which has led to a slight upturn in form.
– Timo Werner may quit Chelsea as early as this summer.
— Football Insider (@footyinsider247) March 10, 2021
– Manchester City forward Sergio Aguero has been offered a contract by Barcelona, according to TyC Sports. City have publicly declared they will not make a call on off-contract Aguero’s future until the close season.
– AS reports that Real Madrid are willing to listen to offers for French centre-back Raphael Varane this close season. It is claimed he is interested in playing in the Premier League.
– Milan are keen to sign 22-year-old PSV forward Donyell Malen, according to Calciomercato. This is despite the probable renewal of veteran Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
– Bild reports that Wolfsburg coach Oliver Glasner is ready to quit his post amid a breakdown in his relationship with sporting director Jorg Schmadtke, with Borussia Monchengladbach a potential new home with Marco Rose to depart for Borussia Dortmund.