Christopher Nkunku has long been inked with Chelsea, with reports he had undergone a medical in September.
The 25-year-old Frenchman netted 20 goals in the Bundesliga last season and already has 12 this term.
The Blues are undergoing a period of change under owner Todd Boehly and new head coach Graham Potter – and could be about to land a big-name target.
TOP STORY – NKUNKU’S CHELSEA DEAL SET TO BE SIGNED
Chelsea are on the cusp of finalising the deal for RB Leipzig forward Nkunku with contracts set to be signed, reports Fabrizio Romano.
The Blues have reached an agreement with Nkunku’s German club Leipzig for more than £52million (€60m).
Nkunku, who was ruled out of the World Cup earlier this month due to a knee injury, will apparently pen a long-term deal starting from June 2023.
Chelsea are closing in on Christopher Nkunku deal. Medical already done as reported in September, agreement in place with Leipzig for more than €60m clause/easier payment terms. #CFC
Long term deal agreed starting from June 2023.
Time to sign contracts then… here we go. pic.twitter.com/ByZKO5vlb9
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) November 28, 2022
– ESPN has reported that Lionel Messi has not agreed to a deal to join Inter Miami from Paris Saint-Germain following reports that he is on the verge of a deal with the Major League Soccer club.
– Chelsea are reportedly not willing to let Christian Pulisic depart on loan in January, amid links with Premier League trio Manchester United, Newcastle United and Arsenal. The Blues would prefer a permanent deal for the United States international.
– Sky Sport’s Florian Plettenberg claims RB Leipzig’s Konrad Laimer has reached a verbal agreement to join Bayern Munich at the end of this season, with a view to a long-term deal until 2027.
– Edin Dzeko is set to earn a new one-year deal with Inter, according to Gazzetta. But the 36-year-old must accept a pay cut, from about €5.5m to €3m per season (plus bonuses).
– Ecuador international midfielder Moises Caicedo, who is currently on Brighton and Hove Albion’s books, is drawing interest from Manchester United, claims Sky Germany.
– Fabrizio Romano reports Brighton are in talks with Molde to sign 19-year-old Ivorian striker David Datro Fofana. The Norwegian club want more than €10m (£8.6m) for him.